Skip to main content

An Update

Just for bear!!









he-he I was very tempted just to say that but I shant!!

If, like bear, you wondered where I am these days ... well mainly on Fetch and RealBuzz as I can get to both of those places during work. Unlike the old days, when I was at college and the old work place, I can't chat all day and I don't tend to go online much at home.

Anyway that promised update.

Good News:
  1. I won a 32" LCD TV!!
  2. I'm running 6 times a week!
  3. I'm using not wearing my HRM.
  4. I'm averaging 20m+ a week now!!
Bad News:
Despite lots of running I'm still err lardy because I'm comfort eating constantly. My phone is by my side 24/7 and I am expecting a call any time, to be honest I am amazed grandma is still with us, so yes I'm expecting the call, dreading the call and stuffing my face. Good job I am running lots then really! I'm worried it will become a habit though so I am trying to adjust the eating, I'm trying to bring in lots of fruit and eat that, or low fat low calorie crisps/snacks. I mean eating 2 of those gives me 2 lots of "comfort" food but has less impact than 2 packets of McCoys or 2 kit kats. Neither are good though I know.

Training is, however, going great. I'm doing the HR training stuff and have done for about 2mths now. I started off swearing at my HRM and struggling to do 14:30mm pace. Now I am doing 13:10 pace and the best bit is .... my tempo runs!! I'm doing our normal 2.9m run in a smidge over 30mins now!

Racing wise .... my Race 4 Life has been postponed twice now!! I believe it will be on 12th August and I hope to go sub 32 mins but I don't know what the course is like, e.g. is it grass or path etc. On 16th September I am racing with v-rap in the Hydro Active in Brum. Another ladies 5K where I would like to get close to the golden 30mins. Over on Fetch I found out about a new 10k in September too ... it's just 10mins drive from me. It's a new club and a new race and so I am very tempted to show my face as a err "training run". Jules from work may also do it ..... having never raced before! He's also reading the Marathon News!!

Talking of FLM ... my entry is already in the post. I have applied through the ballot and bequeathed. If I still don't get in I will be asking Macmillan for a GB place and if all else fails, well I am rejoining my club next month! I WILL be at Blackheath next year and I will RUN not complete FLM08. I'll be aiming to raise at least £2000.00 for Macmillan whilst I am at it. Then that will be me done with London. It will conclude my desire to run London but not marathons or to get a GFA. After completing FLM08 I will have run it twice .. following grandad's death and then grandma's death (there is no way she will see 2008). So I will still aim for that fast GFA time .... it just happens to be the same GFA for Boston! Yep if I can get a GFA I will go to Boston with my mum (dad and hubby won't fly!).

Oh and as for work ... still loving it!

Comments

XFR Bear said…
ooh fab stuff Pix - well done you :-)
b-z said…
Pix, ask for that gold bond place NOW, before you know about the ballot

thats what most of us charity runners do these days

well done on the training

and a big hug to you
xx

Popular posts from this blog

A New Journey

Welcome back to the Athlete in Training . Here I am still running and still wanting to change and improve. I've been working with Ami Porter and I have taken her Clear and Clarity 28 day programme which has been a huge help to me. I have been lucky to have had Ami as a friend for several years now. When I was teaching she was a great friend and ear when stress took over my life and since then she has trained as a Life Coach. I am looking to change my career - I currently work for McVities and I am lucky enough that I can change to working part time and I have asked for this to happen.  My goal is to train as a swimming teacher!  As I can now work part time I want to do a job that makes me happy and that feels good. I loved teaching and working with the kids and I have always liked helping people. As someone who also loves exercise when I saw that there was an opportunity to work at the pool it seemed ideal.  So, thanks to Ami I have been making plans. My short term plan was to unde

Memories

I was 3 when my mother left - I dont remember much but I do remember things. I remember my dad stood at the front door and my mum holding my hand jsut 4ft away. She wouldn't let me get my teddy. She wouldn't let go of my hand. She said it was daddy's fault I didn't have my teddy. Daddy should have packed it. I remember a new uncle coming round a lot. He always had a pad of paper and a pen. He wore a suit and always asked lots of questions about how we were. We being my older sister and I. I remember being left alone in the house whilst she chatted on the phone. I climbed on the kitchen sides as I was hungry and she wasn't listening to me. I ate a pot of multi-vitamin tablets thinking they were smarties. Daddy found the empty packet and took me to casualty. I remember my mother taking me for a walk - 1/2m down the road. She used the phone box. It was one of the old red ones. It's still there now. She made a call and left me outside for over half an hour. I rememb

Gulp

I'm strangely nervous about tomorrow. I know it's only 2.5m (x2!) but there will only be a max of 50 runners per leg (only 45 teams last year I think). I'm sure my 12mm pace will be last. I have a lovely casserole (loadsa spuds!) for tea tonight and 2 glasses of wine. I'm now on the non-alcoholic fluids. The lucozade is ready to make and I'm still not sure what to wear! I was going for shorts and vest. Then capri legs and crop top/vest but I'm not sure! If I'm cold/cool I will run faster! But then I don't want to burn up and crash or freeze waiting for the start. If I wear layers will I be too hot .... blah blah blah. Help!! Still not sure what to do "gadget wise". Just watch and guess extra mileage, GPS and stop/start with each warm up, race and cool down, HRM and GPS or just HRM and watch!??!! I'm thinking that I will do leg 1 (1.5m) as a warm up leaving before the race to make sure I am ready. Then stop for some stretches and strides. Th