Skip to main content

There are some truely wonderful people out there

just recieved this by mail from a fellow blogger.

I want to share it so everyone can benefit as I have.

I've wiped my tears away and I've printed this up so when I am getting sulky and down I will read this and remember .... Aim High! (how appropriate is that name!)

Don't EVER think that you any any less of a runner than anyone else Kim, You show a dedication and determination that puts many people to shame.
You have a goal for your marathon time which is truly amazing - and I am inspired by it..We all have our dream peaks (sorry about the mountain reference again - I'm a mountaineer too!) - and they are a reflection of who we are and what we are able to acheive - for ourselves - and anyone who can't see the value of that endeavour is blind indeed.When you run your next pb - to me that is as phenomenal an achievement as any world record..and I will bounce up and down
like a mad thing at the thought of it - and I get pretty animated when I'm excited about something!!!Maybe it's just me.. but that's how I see it. Ruth once said to me - after I'd said we'd see one another after some race or other - you'll be showered and changed and well gone by the time I finish..To which I said - You're having a laugh - one of my friends is taking part in the same event as me.. and I may well finish ahead of you...but I WILL be there to celebrate your achievement too

That's why I'll nag you
That's why I'll follow your progress and will you on to bigger and better
things
That's why I will feel down when things aren't going well
and
that's why I'll cheer like a school kid on sports day when you move things
forward and take those small step towards what you want to ultimately
achieve...



So this is for you all ....

Comments

Evil Pixie said…
Very lovely!
as you all are!
b-z said…
Pass the hanky


;)
fraggle said…
will be cheering you on too Pix :o)
womble said…
It's true what he says, of course! I'm just back from my Monday run with the club "snails" as I call them. And you know, I was really proud of them. We had a good continuous run, they all kept going and have all improved over the weeks and months since they've started running. And they're enjoying it. They will all belittle their achievements but when I talk to any single one of them and say 'hey, you must feel the improvement in your running and fitness' they will agree and say 'yes'.

We have our own goals and your pbs and achievements are at least as meaningful and well earned as anyone else's.

(((ep)))
Unknown said…
I spent most my running life at the back of the pack, but i dont think it makes me any less of a runner than those miles ahead of me...just not as quick a runner. Pixie the training and the hard work is there. I'm there cheering you on too.

A great mail to recieve. It makes it all worth while. Go Pixie Go!

Popular posts from this blog

Gulp

I'm strangely nervous about tomorrow. I know it's only 2.5m (x2!) but there will only be a max of 50 runners per leg (only 45 teams last year I think). I'm sure my 12mm pace will be last. I have a lovely casserole (loadsa spuds!) for tea tonight and 2 glasses of wine. I'm now on the non-alcoholic fluids. The lucozade is ready to make and I'm still not sure what to wear! I was going for shorts and vest. Then capri legs and crop top/vest but I'm not sure! If I'm cold/cool I will run faster! But then I don't want to burn up and crash or freeze waiting for the start. If I wear layers will I be too hot .... blah blah blah. Help!! Still not sure what to do "gadget wise". Just watch and guess extra mileage, GPS and stop/start with each warm up, race and cool down, HRM and GPS or just HRM and watch!??!! I'm thinking that I will do leg 1 (1.5m) as a warm up leaving before the race to make sure I am ready. Then stop for some stretches and strides. Th

The Power Of The Plod

Today I managed to drag myself out for a plod. It's about 3wks since my last plod - how awful is that! That's what this post is about! I decided that I would go for a plod and just enjoy it. I have a digital OS map so left the GPS and HRM at home and just went off with my watch. I had grand plans of a long enjoyable run where the sun was out but not too hot, the sky was blue and my legs played ball! In reality I was plodding along thinking "wonder what pace this is? How far is this? what time?" and by 20mins I was walking. This was followed by "20mins and walking? No! awful! Bad!" and then I went through all the advice I have given newbies over the months, years about slowing down and enjoying themselves and I continued to struggle on finding it hard to keep running. It was now that I started thinking about how long it was since my last plod. Why was it so long? Why was I such a slob? How could I expect to get better when I do bugger all!?!?! Then I realised

Memories

I was 3 when my mother left - I dont remember much but I do remember things. I remember my dad stood at the front door and my mum holding my hand jsut 4ft away. She wouldn't let me get my teddy. She wouldn't let go of my hand. She said it was daddy's fault I didn't have my teddy. Daddy should have packed it. I remember a new uncle coming round a lot. He always had a pad of paper and a pen. He wore a suit and always asked lots of questions about how we were. We being my older sister and I. I remember being left alone in the house whilst she chatted on the phone. I climbed on the kitchen sides as I was hungry and she wasn't listening to me. I ate a pot of multi-vitamin tablets thinking they were smarties. Daddy found the empty packet and took me to casualty. I remember my mother taking me for a walk - 1/2m down the road. She used the phone box. It was one of the old red ones. It's still there now. She made a call and left me outside for over half an hour. I rememb