Skip to main content

Down


To say I feel a bit down and depressed today would be an understatement. I'm totally and utterly pissed off and fed up and annoyed and crap. Just crap. Utterly fecked off to be honest.

Those who know me will realise that this is so not me and therefore realise how fecked off I must be.

This morning. Get up. Have breakfast ready for long run. Walk to paper shop to A) check out weather and B) stretch legs.

I walk down the hill working out what to wear as it isn't that cold actually. I ponder when my next hill work will be (this is the hill I use) and work out which week of my plan I am on (do I need to hassle Spans for a new plan!).

Then I carry on happily "running through" today's planned run. New route so no expectations of time. It's a good day for a long run.

I've been 5mins and yes you guessed it my fecking nose starts to bleed. I've only got 2 manky old torn tissues in my pocket so decided to get the paper from the Tesco express (and some tissues). I get there (2mins further on) and it's stopped. I look at the tissues and think nah it's stopped. I walk to the next aisle, bend down to pick up a paper and oh look blood on the floor. Dash back to tissues (hand under nose to catch drips) grab tissues whilst telling the tesco lady I have to open them before paying. Shove tissue up nose collect papers, tell tesco lady floor needs cleaning, pay and sulk off home. Gutted. Down. Depressed. Fed up.

Since then I've pondered a run and decided "what's the point" if a walk to Tesco makes it bleed what will 8m do. This was followed with "why do I even bother", "I'll never be a good runner", and "might as well give up now".

Seeing the Doc tomorrow when I will say - 7 nose bleeds in the last 4weeks, 3 since Friday morning. I've had more in the last month than the rest of this year I think as it was about 1 a month before I had my nose zapped.

I can't even pin point a trigger. I've had them when asleep, when eating, running, walking, watching TV, blowing nose and whilst sat at work. No connections there then. High HR (running), low HR (sleeping but that was only once). Calm (watching TV, eating dinner), and working. The only thing that I can say is that I've never had my finger up me nose when it bleeds!

So there you are. Pixie is sat under a dark cloud and utterly fed up.

Comments

fraggle said…
Oh Pix you're just having a bad day, so none of this "I'm a crap runner" nonsense please!!! > stern look <

Don't give up - remember your GFA as we've all got to support each other eh?


{{{{{{{ big hug and a box of tissues }}}}}}}
Leon said…
POWER HUG™
Mail hun..
xxx
Unknown said…
((Pix))Hope the trip to the Dr's is a good one. Atleast if your nosebleeds happen all the time you know it's not the running causing it!
b-z said…
aaaaaaaaaaaw
Hope the doc can sort it for you petal

Popular posts from this blog

Gulp

I'm strangely nervous about tomorrow. I know it's only 2.5m (x2!) but there will only be a max of 50 runners per leg (only 45 teams last year I think). I'm sure my 12mm pace will be last. I have a lovely casserole (loadsa spuds!) for tea tonight and 2 glasses of wine. I'm now on the non-alcoholic fluids. The lucozade is ready to make and I'm still not sure what to wear! I was going for shorts and vest. Then capri legs and crop top/vest but I'm not sure! If I'm cold/cool I will run faster! But then I don't want to burn up and crash or freeze waiting for the start. If I wear layers will I be too hot .... blah blah blah. Help!! Still not sure what to do "gadget wise". Just watch and guess extra mileage, GPS and stop/start with each warm up, race and cool down, HRM and GPS or just HRM and watch!??!! I'm thinking that I will do leg 1 (1.5m) as a warm up leaving before the race to make sure I am ready. Then stop for some stretches and strides. Th

To Swim or Not To Swim

That's my pondering today! Yesterday I had a bit of a headache and today I woke with the stick slightly sore "cold" like throat. Then when I was at work I felt that coldy icky yucky feeling. I've eaten now and feel better in that the icky feeling has gone but still got the head and the throat. Swimming stuff is in the car as I was planning a 40 mins pool jogging session. Now I don't know. Will see how I feel later on. I want to swim but then I also don't want to make any lurgy that I may be harbouring any worse! We'll see! So did you guess??? Yes of course I went! Well it was just me head and if I was running outside I would have run! Anyway 55mins of which 40 was pool running and then several good lengths of swimming which is starting to feel good and fitness for swimming is improving too! Now I have a stinking headache and can confirm my throat feels like crap! That may have been my last exercise for a few days :-( Other news .. I wasn't going to say

There are some truely wonderful people out there

just recieved this by mail from a fellow blogger. I want to share it so everyone can benefit as I have. I've wiped my tears away and I've printed this up so when I am getting sulky and down I will read this and remember .... Aim High! (how appropriate is that name!) Don't EVER think that you any any less of a runner than anyone else Kim, You show a dedication and determination that puts many people to shame. You have a goal for your marathon time which is truly amazing - and I am inspired by it..We all have our dream peaks (sorry about the mountain reference again - I'm a mountaineer too!) - and they are a reflection of who we are and what we are able to acheive - for ourselves - and anyone who can't see the value of that endeavour is blind indeed.When you run your next pb - to me that is as phenomenal an achievement as any world record..and I will bounce up and down like a mad thing at the thought of it - and I get pretty animated when I'm excited about somethi