Skip to main content

Latest News ...

Looks like I've now managed to talk my way out of 2 legs by being nice to work mate and letting him do a leg! So I'm now doing leg 2 - 2.5m upward incline which leaves me with the old long run question again!

I can't do it tomorrow as I have so stuff to do at work and Gnome to collect. I can do 53mins on the tready but 90 is a no!

So this means I will run Leg 2 then add another 60mins on after! Unless mate chickens out in which case I will do Leg 9 again! Or if David R doesn't run and Mr Beanz isn't up to it I would be pre-pared to do that leg too if logistics allowed it! Whoever said this was easy lied! I'm exhausted just trying to work out what's happening! Poor Beanz! She is brave!

Todays planned speedwork has been pushed to Friday as I forgot I was working late tonight. By the time I got home it was 7. Gnome goes to bed at 8. A run would have been 1hr including changing time and Gnome would have been murder if I ignored him, went for a run and then put him to bed! Oh and by 7 I'm hungry! So speedwork is now Friday lunchtime along the canal!

Oh and the "simple" game as designed my Gnome is not errr simple but is fun trying to get it to do what he wants!! I guess I/we will be looking at it again tomorrow!

Anyways I should have been in bed ages ago so nite nite!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gulp

I'm strangely nervous about tomorrow. I know it's only 2.5m (x2!) but there will only be a max of 50 runners per leg (only 45 teams last year I think). I'm sure my 12mm pace will be last. I have a lovely casserole (loadsa spuds!) for tea tonight and 2 glasses of wine. I'm now on the non-alcoholic fluids. The lucozade is ready to make and I'm still not sure what to wear! I was going for shorts and vest. Then capri legs and crop top/vest but I'm not sure! If I'm cold/cool I will run faster! But then I don't want to burn up and crash or freeze waiting for the start. If I wear layers will I be too hot .... blah blah blah. Help!! Still not sure what to do "gadget wise". Just watch and guess extra mileage, GPS and stop/start with each warm up, race and cool down, HRM and GPS or just HRM and watch!??!! I'm thinking that I will do leg 1 (1.5m) as a warm up leaving before the race to make sure I am ready. Then stop for some stretches and strides. Th

To Swim or Not To Swim

That's my pondering today! Yesterday I had a bit of a headache and today I woke with the stick slightly sore "cold" like throat. Then when I was at work I felt that coldy icky yucky feeling. I've eaten now and feel better in that the icky feeling has gone but still got the head and the throat. Swimming stuff is in the car as I was planning a 40 mins pool jogging session. Now I don't know. Will see how I feel later on. I want to swim but then I also don't want to make any lurgy that I may be harbouring any worse! We'll see! So did you guess??? Yes of course I went! Well it was just me head and if I was running outside I would have run! Anyway 55mins of which 40 was pool running and then several good lengths of swimming which is starting to feel good and fitness for swimming is improving too! Now I have a stinking headache and can confirm my throat feels like crap! That may have been my last exercise for a few days :-( Other news .. I wasn't going to say

There are some truely wonderful people out there

just recieved this by mail from a fellow blogger. I want to share it so everyone can benefit as I have. I've wiped my tears away and I've printed this up so when I am getting sulky and down I will read this and remember .... Aim High! (how appropriate is that name!) Don't EVER think that you any any less of a runner than anyone else Kim, You show a dedication and determination that puts many people to shame. You have a goal for your marathon time which is truly amazing - and I am inspired by it..We all have our dream peaks (sorry about the mountain reference again - I'm a mountaineer too!) - and they are a reflection of who we are and what we are able to acheive - for ourselves - and anyone who can't see the value of that endeavour is blind indeed.When you run your next pb - to me that is as phenomenal an achievement as any world record..and I will bounce up and down like a mad thing at the thought of it - and I get pretty animated when I'm excited about somethi