Skip to main content

Longer Walk with a Little bit of Running ...

... yeah right!

OK so plan today was to go for a walk that was slightly longer than previously done this week and to throw in a bit of running every now and then. The idea was to maintain endurance, keep legs moving (TW was only 1 week ago after all!) and start to think of running. Plan was to leave house, walk 1/2m then potter for 5mins then walk for a while etc. Reality was leave house, start running, run for 15mins extending run past trail, walk a couple then run ... overall I would say about 60-70% was running! Whoops!

The first 15mins felt great! Then legs remember TW and head said "you can keep going, you did last weekend!" so I did. After 1hr I did have a longer walk of say 10mins before I started to trot again and then the trotting got harder and harder. Head changed from "you did it last week" to "Hmm 62m was a long way and only last week!". I would walk and say "oh this is getting hard" as I started to run again. I told myself I could walk the last 1m home yet found myself running twice during that 1m "cool down!"

As this was not a planned run I wasn't wearing my GPS just a watch - 1hr 56:34.

I got back home and bang legs said STOP! Suddenly I felt wobbly and decided I needed food (even though I didn't feel hungry just wobbly!) I grabbed some scotch pancakes, and started to eat one, but before it was gone I was feeling sick. I actually went and laid down for 30mins (thinking I should actually be closer to the loo!) and then I cot cold so needed a bath.

Post bath I measured the route .. 7.7m which is about 15mm pace so really pleased. Just need to keep this stubborn positive Pixie thing up and keep working hard and I will get where I want to be!

I'm OK now and thinking back I think that I drank too much in that last 1-1.5m as the run had started off as a wet (raining) coolish run and finished in bright hot sunshine. Now I think I will have a snacket as it's too close to tea for a proper lunch!! Early night tonight too ... back to work tomorrow but only 1 day as I am back in Brum on Tuesday for the exam to the course I did last week!!

Comments

Leon said…
Hey - someone seems to be doing rather nicely
:o)
Evil Pixie said…
[thinks very hard]
errr no!!
20mins maybe!!
fraggle said…
well done Pix - love the stubborn Pix bit

keep it up :o)
XFR Bear said…
I Concorde - oops - concur ;o)
Evil Pixie said…
concorde is full bear
so next season now!
shortnginger said…
thanks for that pix ill only be out of contention for a day
then youll have me all to ya selves for 10 days while im recovering!!

cheers pix
RobW said…
Some very good training going on then. A quick TW time beckons ;o)

Popular posts from this blog

The Next Three Weeks

So I have a few busy weeks ahead that may, or may not, affect what happens here. So this weekend I am running the Chester metric marathon - should do about 3:30 and get a PB by around 30 mins if things go to plan. Next week I am on holiday and have the in-laws visiting which will be nice. Then after then I have 2 weeks of jury service in Derby. I really want to get a case as I am really interested in knowing what actually happens and what it's like in court. But knowing my luck I will have 2 weeks of waiting for nothing. I have Ami's zoom calls to review and take notes on, books to read, coloring/drawing to try my hand at and Loki to watch! After that the exciting news is my part time request has gone through so from 4th December I will be part time. Very exciting. Then hopefully I can start a potential path to being a swimming teacher. Fun days ahead

and then the was three!

Well before now I've had arguments between Pixie and Trixie and today Logic joined in! Pixie siad run yes but not too long cos you ran yesterday and have hardly run in 2 weeks! Trixie said but but but need to do a long run, long runs are good! Logic said runs are good and tomorrow you give blood so won't run and Tuesday you have post blood rest day and a massage! Trixie and Logic then argued it out. Trixie won! Logic then spent the whole run saying, slow down, breath, it's too hot, see now you're paying! Trixie struggled on with the "hey I'm running!" smile on her face until she hit yet another hill when smile vanished and was replaced with serious "I will not give in" face! So that's it then! 6.7m of sllllloooooowww hard work! Will post stats later but they aren't that pretty! But as Leon said - we run because we enjoy it! Today was more of a "I WANT to do a long run" run than a need to do a long run run! Next week I will repea...

Stoppy Sulking Pixie

Ok so if you remember (assuming you were listening!) yesterday I mentioned that today would be swimming! Fraggle had given me some advice on how to improve my front crawl so off I went full of enthusiasm ready to master front crawl! 40 mins later I sulked out of the pool annoyed and frustrating and failing to master the front crawl! See like a lot of casual swimmers I "thrash about making a lot of splashes!" when doing crawl and this means my HR sores and I die at the end of 1 length needing 3-4mins recovering at the side of the pool before I attempt to swim another length in any stroke! Fraggle pointed out that if I place my head in the water properly (like look at the bottom of the pool rather than half under) then slow down, breathe out when in the water the breath in as your head leaves the water (I know what I mean even if you don't!) then it will be easier! Sounded good and practice breathing in the house went well!! I get in the pool - this is it. I can do this! Oh...