Skip to main content

It's a funny old world ...

Sunday I did my first proper cross country - a club league event. I was last. There was only about 160 runners so I was very last and the car park was all but empty (apart from my lift!) when I finished.

It was damn hard work too ... I aimed for 80 mins given that it was described as "a proper XC with testing hills on both laps" - considering this part of the country think that hills in my mind are slight slops I was scared! The morning brought rain too, lots of rain so it was also a mud bath! I still have mud in my toe nails despite 2 baths and 2 showers!

My actual time was 82 mins so I was really pleased if somewhat demoralised at being last! I was also convinced by the end of the race that I wasn't going to do XC I would stick to roads (well at least until FLM is over with!) and that if I did do XC I needed spikes not just off road shoes!

Yesterday I felt really quiet good - I was expecting to be stiff like last week but was fine! Which shows improvement in itself! I'm fine today too!

Work today has been horrid ... lots to do and no help from anyone. I'm feeling lost amd worried and as a result I'm eating for comfort. I also want to hide my head in the sand and hope it all goes away (hence typing this instead of working!). I'm getting grief for getting behind and just want to stop and sulk. It's good to be busy but not good when you don't know what you are doing. I have Thursday and Friday off - I can't wait!

Today would have been my grandparents annivery - but granddad passed away 11th December 2003. I called my grandma today to let her know I was thinking of her and she didn't seem in the least bit bothered it was just another day. Maybe that is her way of coping but it made me very sad and upset. Another reason for eating too much and wanting to stick my head in the sand.

Tonight I hope to go for a run in the dark with my new yellow woolly hat - I hope that will make me feel better. Just have to stop eating now so I can run or I'll just hate myself even more!

Comments

beanz said…
hope you managed a run EP -I find it clears my head when work isn't going right.
Evil Pixie said…
I was stroppy when I got home and didn't run. Oliver Sulks if I go out so I was planning to run about 8.30 after tea and after it had settled. but was late home, the onion attacked me, oliver was naughty and I was fed up so didn't go!
pathetic excuses every one - so will go to club tonight instead! Must get some miles in for that small run in April!
Evil Pixie said…
true benz! I went to club tonight so daddy had to put him to bed and I'm going to try to get to club more often as it's good running with people and helps me see my improvements!

Popular posts from this blog

Gulp

I'm strangely nervous about tomorrow. I know it's only 2.5m (x2!) but there will only be a max of 50 runners per leg (only 45 teams last year I think). I'm sure my 12mm pace will be last. I have a lovely casserole (loadsa spuds!) for tea tonight and 2 glasses of wine. I'm now on the non-alcoholic fluids. The lucozade is ready to make and I'm still not sure what to wear! I was going for shorts and vest. Then capri legs and crop top/vest but I'm not sure! If I'm cold/cool I will run faster! But then I don't want to burn up and crash or freeze waiting for the start. If I wear layers will I be too hot .... blah blah blah. Help!! Still not sure what to do "gadget wise". Just watch and guess extra mileage, GPS and stop/start with each warm up, race and cool down, HRM and GPS or just HRM and watch!??!! I'm thinking that I will do leg 1 (1.5m) as a warm up leaving before the race to make sure I am ready. Then stop for some stretches and strides. Th

To Swim or Not To Swim

That's my pondering today! Yesterday I had a bit of a headache and today I woke with the stick slightly sore "cold" like throat. Then when I was at work I felt that coldy icky yucky feeling. I've eaten now and feel better in that the icky feeling has gone but still got the head and the throat. Swimming stuff is in the car as I was planning a 40 mins pool jogging session. Now I don't know. Will see how I feel later on. I want to swim but then I also don't want to make any lurgy that I may be harbouring any worse! We'll see! So did you guess??? Yes of course I went! Well it was just me head and if I was running outside I would have run! Anyway 55mins of which 40 was pool running and then several good lengths of swimming which is starting to feel good and fitness for swimming is improving too! Now I have a stinking headache and can confirm my throat feels like crap! That may have been my last exercise for a few days :-( Other news .. I wasn't going to say

There are some truely wonderful people out there

just recieved this by mail from a fellow blogger. I want to share it so everyone can benefit as I have. I've wiped my tears away and I've printed this up so when I am getting sulky and down I will read this and remember .... Aim High! (how appropriate is that name!) Don't EVER think that you any any less of a runner than anyone else Kim, You show a dedication and determination that puts many people to shame. You have a goal for your marathon time which is truly amazing - and I am inspired by it..We all have our dream peaks (sorry about the mountain reference again - I'm a mountaineer too!) - and they are a reflection of who we are and what we are able to acheive - for ourselves - and anyone who can't see the value of that endeavour is blind indeed.When you run your next pb - to me that is as phenomenal an achievement as any world record..and I will bounce up and down like a mad thing at the thought of it - and I get pretty animated when I'm excited about somethi