Skip to main content

All About ME!

Ok so you noticed that the completed site isn't completed!
Well life hasn't allowed the luxery or motivation to pull ones finger out and do the update properly (I have several pages of code on my PC though if that counts!)
So in the mean time I thought I would follow young PantMan and provide a brief profile of me!

Age: 31
Star Sign: Aries (stubborn!)
Location: Leicestershire, UK
Occupation: Techincal Support Engineer (AKA Dogs body of IT)

I've been running for about 2.5yrs now and although I have completed marathons before (1 running and 2 walking events) I have remained consistently slow! This isn't helped by the few (28 ish) excess pounds I carry about with me or my short legs! (I'm only 5' 1.5")

Why is this relevent to this FLM05 Blog?

Well to succeed in my mision of a sub 5hr marathon I need to consistently run 26.2m at a pace of approximately 11mins 27secs per mile!

Like every other runner I do have "A PLAN" only my Plan is currently to aim for sub 5hrs! So not a very detailed plan! But still I have 156 days (as of today) left to worry about this!

Now traditionally a training schedule for a full marathon is 16 weeks long, which leaves me about 5 weeks to play with. The sensible runner will factor in these excess weeks to allow for rest, injury, colds etc. I however believe that if you think you will get a cold or injured then you are more likely to do just that! So in my positive manner I am using these begining few weeks to "Get up to speed!"!

What I aim to do is use these weeks to get stronger and faster with the theory being that once I can consistently run, say 7m, at a faster pace then I can increase my run length knowing that I have more chance of staying at that faster pace. Problem is I am very set in my plodding ways and find my legs only go one speed! This is fine for long slow runs on a Sunday morning when the name of the game is "time on feet" and building endurance but when I want to run faster I need to be able to!

Does that make any sense? I only ask as the folks on the Runners World Forum seem to think I'm being foolish. That upset me a bit - after all no one knows yourself as well as you.

Somewhere along the line I also want to lose some weight! Now perhaps it is the Aries in me but I've learnt over the years that I am a stubborn pixie! I've also learnt the in's and out's of almost every popular diet and yet I am still overweight! So I'm having to do the only thing I know will work ... I'm obsessing over it! Yes I'm counting calories, writing everything down and thinking about losing weight every day and hour. So far I've lost 2lb which is good for 1 week so only 26 to go! As long as I am a good stone lighter come April I'll be happy, I'll be happier with more!

Anyway I expect you all feel asleep 5 minutes ago so I'll shut up for now!

Comments

RobW said…
Pixie - Your not been foolish, you do what works for you!

Robert aka RobW

Popular posts from this blog

Gulp

I'm strangely nervous about tomorrow. I know it's only 2.5m (x2!) but there will only be a max of 50 runners per leg (only 45 teams last year I think). I'm sure my 12mm pace will be last. I have a lovely casserole (loadsa spuds!) for tea tonight and 2 glasses of wine. I'm now on the non-alcoholic fluids. The lucozade is ready to make and I'm still not sure what to wear! I was going for shorts and vest. Then capri legs and crop top/vest but I'm not sure! If I'm cold/cool I will run faster! But then I don't want to burn up and crash or freeze waiting for the start. If I wear layers will I be too hot .... blah blah blah. Help!! Still not sure what to do "gadget wise". Just watch and guess extra mileage, GPS and stop/start with each warm up, race and cool down, HRM and GPS or just HRM and watch!??!! I'm thinking that I will do leg 1 (1.5m) as a warm up leaving before the race to make sure I am ready. Then stop for some stretches and strides. Th

To Swim or Not To Swim

That's my pondering today! Yesterday I had a bit of a headache and today I woke with the stick slightly sore "cold" like throat. Then when I was at work I felt that coldy icky yucky feeling. I've eaten now and feel better in that the icky feeling has gone but still got the head and the throat. Swimming stuff is in the car as I was planning a 40 mins pool jogging session. Now I don't know. Will see how I feel later on. I want to swim but then I also don't want to make any lurgy that I may be harbouring any worse! We'll see! So did you guess??? Yes of course I went! Well it was just me head and if I was running outside I would have run! Anyway 55mins of which 40 was pool running and then several good lengths of swimming which is starting to feel good and fitness for swimming is improving too! Now I have a stinking headache and can confirm my throat feels like crap! That may have been my last exercise for a few days :-( Other news .. I wasn't going to say

There are some truely wonderful people out there

just recieved this by mail from a fellow blogger. I want to share it so everyone can benefit as I have. I've wiped my tears away and I've printed this up so when I am getting sulky and down I will read this and remember .... Aim High! (how appropriate is that name!) Don't EVER think that you any any less of a runner than anyone else Kim, You show a dedication and determination that puts many people to shame. You have a goal for your marathon time which is truly amazing - and I am inspired by it..We all have our dream peaks (sorry about the mountain reference again - I'm a mountaineer too!) - and they are a reflection of who we are and what we are able to acheive - for ourselves - and anyone who can't see the value of that endeavour is blind indeed.When you run your next pb - to me that is as phenomenal an achievement as any world record..and I will bounce up and down like a mad thing at the thought of it - and I get pretty animated when I'm excited about somethi