Skip to main content

Pixie Climbs out of bed and onto her Bike before she has time to back out!

Well I was on me bike at 7.45AM (what!!??) and off on loop one of today's little bicycle round the countryside. After about 2m I was down to my tee as it was fairly warm despite the grey clouds and the time of day. At 8.30 the sun even popped out for a bit, well 5 mins and that was it until this afternoon!

One of the villages I went through was Shakerstone - we had been there before so it looked familar which was comforting. I also crossed the A444 which runs through my village so I felt safe.

I had to stop every now and then to read the instructions as to where I was going and it wasn't until I was a good 12-15m in that I noticed that one of the villages was call Orton on the Hill - hmm wonder why that is! The instructions mentioned a church and I looked up and yep right up there was a steeple! I decided to stop at the church to read the next set of instructions - OK I stopped as I couldn't breath as I had cycled up the hill without stopping!

Within 5 mins I turned the corner so see that if you go up a steep hill you also go down! Now I am a chicken so I used my brakes until I was about 1/2 way down and still I hit 24mph by the bottom!!

I hit the 20m mark in 1hr 45 and was feeling good! Butt was stating to feel a bit tender but nothing too bad! At 22m I had to pass back through my village within about 1/2m from my house. Why? Well I had finished route 1 and was off on another route!

Back to Shakerston without the use of instructions! Just the one stop to change my tee and down some sports drink.

At about 3 1/2 hrs I started to get tired so stopped for more sports drink and some Tesco Jelly numbers (I had already eaten my 2 bananas). This picked me up a bit but not enough to stop me getting lost!! Getting lost meant exhaustion hit so the last hour was a crawl and the butt was complaining and each incline felt like a mountain!

5 hrs 47 after I left home after 5hrs 8 mins of cycling and 53.1m later I was home! A stretch, a shower and a plate of eggs and toast later and I felt better.

Actually I felt a hell of a lot better than I expected. So much so that I also did some lawn mowing this afternoon. I am now, however, totally exhausted! So with the wine in the fridge, hubby home in 45 mins and tea to cook I will leave you!!

Oh and before anyone gets any smart ideas - I AM NOT DOING TRI!!

Comments

RobW said…
OK - You won't do Tri but then there is always a Duathlon.

{Robert leaps into his foxhole and awaits the incoming fire}
Evil Pixie said…
{pixie loks down dark scary fox hole and decides it's not a place for little pixies to go}
Robert ... SLAP

not sure if what I do counts as swimming ruth!

Bum still tender today and fingers still numb :-(
Dan said…
Bloody hell Kim that is a FANTASTIC workout - you will be so fit by race day you will have to hold yourself back. BTW you know that tri is much better all-round exercise than just running...!

Popular posts from this blog

The Next Three Weeks

So I have a few busy weeks ahead that may, or may not, affect what happens here. So this weekend I am running the Chester metric marathon - should do about 3:30 and get a PB by around 30 mins if things go to plan. Next week I am on holiday and have the in-laws visiting which will be nice. Then after then I have 2 weeks of jury service in Derby. I really want to get a case as I am really interested in knowing what actually happens and what it's like in court. But knowing my luck I will have 2 weeks of waiting for nothing. I have Ami's zoom calls to review and take notes on, books to read, coloring/drawing to try my hand at and Loki to watch! After that the exciting news is my part time request has gone through so from 4th December I will be part time. Very exciting. Then hopefully I can start a potential path to being a swimming teacher. Fun days ahead

What Are You??

Apparently I am a geek after spending some time chatting to a first line support person and comparing degrees!! I am also apparently an executive as I earn more than a certain sum of money! This I must point out is executive in the eyes of a Midlands person and not a southern!! I think I am a runner and a mother because I run and have a son! I don't think I have a career and would struggle to define what I really do! Talking of which I may change the address for this site to blog.html or similar because if I do go job hunting I am not sure if my made ramblings should be front page news!! hehe!! I currently work in IT doing support with a hint of customer service at second line. I run and I'm trying to learn to draw! So what or who are you!?!

Planning Ahead

All good plans and all that! A few weeks ago I detailed my planned races as follows: Jan - Brass Monkey Half Feb - Trail Plus Training Camp Feb - Bramley 10m (poss) April - Reading Half April - FLM Support May - Moonwalk Marafun (if I get in!) Sept - Robinhood Half Oct - Great South Run (poss) This is now Jan - Brass Monkey Half Feb - Trail Plus Training Camp April - Reading Half April - FLM Support GSR is only a vague poss now as hubby is working nights so won't get home until the early hours of Saturday so I can't leave Gnome! Which means I would have to travel down Saturday afternoon which isn't the best preparation for a race and PB attempt! So it now looks like I will need to either make this another mainly training year (not a bad thing!) or look for some local races! At this rate it won't be worth joining club in March as I will have nothing to enter and save money off entry fees!! Hey Ho and all that!! Now tomorrow ... hope to do a quick shop 1st thing (new sca...