Skip to main content

When You're Tired ...

so tired you cancel a training session and worry about falling to sleep driving home ... when you are that tired (like I was yesterday) you must do what comes natural.

So what did I do?

Sleep?
Watch TV?
Lay in the garden listening to the birds?
Have a long soaky bath?

Nope! I went for a 5.5m walk! Well that's Pixie Logic for you! I'm sure it makes sense somehow or somewhere

So yes, yesterday I did a 1hr 40 mins Mini TW training session. Leon had told me to use old/comfy trainers so I slipped into my saucony off road shoes and light walking socks. I also donned me lovely new Pink Camelbak with lots of water (for weight) and a SIS Chocolate Orange Go! Bar.

Twas a nice sunny evening just right for a walk. Bit faster than TW pace at 18mm ave but you do shorter quicker runs so why not walks!

Got home and had some nice warming homemade soup again, then a bath where I examined the blister gained from wearing nice comfy trainers! Grrrr Fanks Leon!!

Not weighed myself again and I am trying to get into or out of the habit of weighing loads! Since last weekends mamouth walk I have been tired and eaten anything that can be eaten that isn't tied down! To be honest I think I just need to go with the flow until after TW and after I have recovered from TW! No point building myself up for failure!!

Oh and I CBA to get enough motivation for that 5m race but I HAVE entered the HydroActive 5K in Brum in September so I will have to get training for that! PB is 34:20, did a couple of 33mins runs last year so who knews!!

Comments

Leon said…
Told you that you needed to finetune your sock selection as well Pix!!

;o)

Some poeple..... never listen

[rolls eyes]
Evil Pixie said…
yeah AFTER i got the blister! No use then! Just spent £8 on compeed thanks to you!
Evil Pixie said…
Duck I think it is the walk! Must be if we are both "at it"!!!!
and he started it!!
Leon said…
Ner Ner N Ner Ner

:-p
Evil Pixie said…
see I told you so!

Popular posts from this blog

The Next Three Weeks

So I have a few busy weeks ahead that may, or may not, affect what happens here. So this weekend I am running the Chester metric marathon - should do about 3:30 and get a PB by around 30 mins if things go to plan. Next week I am on holiday and have the in-laws visiting which will be nice. Then after then I have 2 weeks of jury service in Derby. I really want to get a case as I am really interested in knowing what actually happens and what it's like in court. But knowing my luck I will have 2 weeks of waiting for nothing. I have Ami's zoom calls to review and take notes on, books to read, coloring/drawing to try my hand at and Loki to watch! After that the exciting news is my part time request has gone through so from 4th December I will be part time. Very exciting. Then hopefully I can start a potential path to being a swimming teacher. Fun days ahead

What Are You??

Apparently I am a geek after spending some time chatting to a first line support person and comparing degrees!! I am also apparently an executive as I earn more than a certain sum of money! This I must point out is executive in the eyes of a Midlands person and not a southern!! I think I am a runner and a mother because I run and have a son! I don't think I have a career and would struggle to define what I really do! Talking of which I may change the address for this site to blog.html or similar because if I do go job hunting I am not sure if my made ramblings should be front page news!! hehe!! I currently work in IT doing support with a hint of customer service at second line. I run and I'm trying to learn to draw! So what or who are you!?!

Planning Ahead

All good plans and all that! A few weeks ago I detailed my planned races as follows: Jan - Brass Monkey Half Feb - Trail Plus Training Camp Feb - Bramley 10m (poss) April - Reading Half April - FLM Support May - Moonwalk Marafun (if I get in!) Sept - Robinhood Half Oct - Great South Run (poss) This is now Jan - Brass Monkey Half Feb - Trail Plus Training Camp April - Reading Half April - FLM Support GSR is only a vague poss now as hubby is working nights so won't get home until the early hours of Saturday so I can't leave Gnome! Which means I would have to travel down Saturday afternoon which isn't the best preparation for a race and PB attempt! So it now looks like I will need to either make this another mainly training year (not a bad thing!) or look for some local races! At this rate it won't be worth joining club in March as I will have nothing to enter and save money off entry fees!! Hey Ho and all that!! Now tomorrow ... hope to do a quick shop 1st thing (new sca...