Skip to main content

Smiling Happy Pixie!

Now I am sure this is just a fluke and the sizes are all wrong but I just bought a pair of size 10 capri tights!!

{Beams from ear to ear}

Oh and tonight I will be running!

Target Race!

Yep I have master plan!
April 2007
Lochaber Marafun
V-Rap, Nessie and I!
V-Rap and I are up for a GFA which means I need a sub 1:45 half by the end of 2006!

gulp

Later that day ... (8:20PM)

Drove home pondering what to do - speedwork or 45 mins outside. Car thermometer read 24 yet the sky was dark and a storm approaching. The rain started.

By the time I got home the thunder was cracking and I decided to use the tready! Hot but safer!

So todays session was the bastard one! Yep 400m,600m,800m,600m,400m all at 8.9km and a 2 mins recovery walk. Horrid hard work, damn hot and heavy breathing but done! Average HR was 165 (includes 5 mins warm up and cool down walk) and max was 193.

I did have 1 problem and that was in the 800m .... I was watching the distance and the time then suddenly a huge crack of thunder that sounded like an HGV crashing! So mind switched off time/distance and started to expect lightening or power cut. It was the power! Only for about 20seconds but long enough to throw my stride and make me forget where I was, so I did a whole 400m when the power returned which I think made that set over 800m as I am sure I had already done 1 lap anyway! 1 lap was about 2mins 40 I think so I made this one 5mins 30 to be safe!

Anyway really pleased as I wasn't totally shot in that I feel fine now but at the time I wouldn't have wanted to go any faster or indeed do any more!

That leaves just one scheduled run left this week - 45mins steady run, which I plan to do Friday leaving gardening, plumbing and a swim with Gnome for the weekend! Next week I have my nose zapped on Friday so I will be fitting in all 4 runs between Monday and Friday with the long run Friday morning before the zapping!

Comments

Evil Pixie said…
Oh and I forgot to mention - Fraggle is also joining V-Rap and I in the GFA quest at Lochaber in 2007!
beanz said…
well plodded

I gymmedtomigh too

but not at 8.9 km/h
beanz said…
gymmedtomigh = gymmed tonight
Evil Pixie said…
you been reading Roald Dahl Beanz?!!

Popular posts from this blog

The Next Three Weeks

So I have a few busy weeks ahead that may, or may not, affect what happens here. So this weekend I am running the Chester metric marathon - should do about 3:30 and get a PB by around 30 mins if things go to plan. Next week I am on holiday and have the in-laws visiting which will be nice. Then after then I have 2 weeks of jury service in Derby. I really want to get a case as I am really interested in knowing what actually happens and what it's like in court. But knowing my luck I will have 2 weeks of waiting for nothing. I have Ami's zoom calls to review and take notes on, books to read, coloring/drawing to try my hand at and Loki to watch! After that the exciting news is my part time request has gone through so from 4th December I will be part time. Very exciting. Then hopefully I can start a potential path to being a swimming teacher. Fun days ahead

What Are You??

Apparently I am a geek after spending some time chatting to a first line support person and comparing degrees!! I am also apparently an executive as I earn more than a certain sum of money! This I must point out is executive in the eyes of a Midlands person and not a southern!! I think I am a runner and a mother because I run and have a son! I don't think I have a career and would struggle to define what I really do! Talking of which I may change the address for this site to blog.html or similar because if I do go job hunting I am not sure if my made ramblings should be front page news!! hehe!! I currently work in IT doing support with a hint of customer service at second line. I run and I'm trying to learn to draw! So what or who are you!?!

Planning Ahead

All good plans and all that! A few weeks ago I detailed my planned races as follows: Jan - Brass Monkey Half Feb - Trail Plus Training Camp Feb - Bramley 10m (poss) April - Reading Half April - FLM Support May - Moonwalk Marafun (if I get in!) Sept - Robinhood Half Oct - Great South Run (poss) This is now Jan - Brass Monkey Half Feb - Trail Plus Training Camp April - Reading Half April - FLM Support GSR is only a vague poss now as hubby is working nights so won't get home until the early hours of Saturday so I can't leave Gnome! Which means I would have to travel down Saturday afternoon which isn't the best preparation for a race and PB attempt! So it now looks like I will need to either make this another mainly training year (not a bad thing!) or look for some local races! At this rate it won't be worth joining club in March as I will have nothing to enter and save money off entry fees!! Hey Ho and all that!! Now tomorrow ... hope to do a quick shop 1st thing (new sca...