Skip to main content

Various Notes!

I've been running for some 4yrs now ... well in July! Strangly I have never felt like I do now ... it's a serious "wanna run but CBA" thing. It's a bit annoying as well which makes it rather odd! anyway I am not going to sulk about it! Just accept it and let my head work it's way through it! I think I spotted something in Jan as, after the crash, I wasn't too bothered about not running for the 2-3wks!

Anyway I'm looking at adding some variety to overcome this! I'm currently seriously looking at adding some weight training into my life. I have some light dumbells and hubby has some weights (never used them since I've known him!) and I have the gym ball and various resistence bands from beginners (green) to experienced (grey!)

I've recently got this book out of the library and it's really good! In fact it's that good that I will be trying to locate said weights and looking to use them!

So my "plan" (coughs) for the next period of time (until I either get bored or locate my running mojo!) is to do some weights and tone and swim (got that Nessie Challenge!) and plod as and when I want. I may even do some Gnome walking (as he wants to walk Haydrians wall next summer!)

As you know me by now you also know I may change this plan!!

Lunchtime Edit!!!!
[drum roll please]

I've been for a plod! About 3.5m only planned 20-30 mins so well happy! Legs laughed most of the way round but I kept on plodding slowly! I think the swimming and walking has helped my CV as I wasn't soaking in sweat (sorry!) or breathing that hard. So 46mins of CV work done! Longest plod since Reading!!!

Comments

WildWill said…
hope you fine you running mojo soon Pix


Sometimes it just needs a bit of proding
Evil Pixie said…
tired adele! Legs laughed at me the whole way and are now saying "told you so!"
but the TW training must have helped!
WildWill said…
well done on you run

Popular posts from this blog

The Next Three Weeks

So I have a few busy weeks ahead that may, or may not, affect what happens here. So this weekend I am running the Chester metric marathon - should do about 3:30 and get a PB by around 30 mins if things go to plan. Next week I am on holiday and have the in-laws visiting which will be nice. Then after then I have 2 weeks of jury service in Derby. I really want to get a case as I am really interested in knowing what actually happens and what it's like in court. But knowing my luck I will have 2 weeks of waiting for nothing. I have Ami's zoom calls to review and take notes on, books to read, coloring/drawing to try my hand at and Loki to watch! After that the exciting news is my part time request has gone through so from 4th December I will be part time. Very exciting. Then hopefully I can start a potential path to being a swimming teacher. Fun days ahead

and then the was three!

Well before now I've had arguments between Pixie and Trixie and today Logic joined in! Pixie siad run yes but not too long cos you ran yesterday and have hardly run in 2 weeks! Trixie said but but but need to do a long run, long runs are good! Logic said runs are good and tomorrow you give blood so won't run and Tuesday you have post blood rest day and a massage! Trixie and Logic then argued it out. Trixie won! Logic then spent the whole run saying, slow down, breath, it's too hot, see now you're paying! Trixie struggled on with the "hey I'm running!" smile on her face until she hit yet another hill when smile vanished and was replaced with serious "I will not give in" face! So that's it then! 6.7m of sllllloooooowww hard work! Will post stats later but they aren't that pretty! But as Leon said - we run because we enjoy it! Today was more of a "I WANT to do a long run" run than a need to do a long run run! Next week I will repea...

Stoppy Sulking Pixie

Ok so if you remember (assuming you were listening!) yesterday I mentioned that today would be swimming! Fraggle had given me some advice on how to improve my front crawl so off I went full of enthusiasm ready to master front crawl! 40 mins later I sulked out of the pool annoyed and frustrating and failing to master the front crawl! See like a lot of casual swimmers I "thrash about making a lot of splashes!" when doing crawl and this means my HR sores and I die at the end of 1 length needing 3-4mins recovering at the side of the pool before I attempt to swim another length in any stroke! Fraggle pointed out that if I place my head in the water properly (like look at the bottom of the pool rather than half under) then slow down, breathe out when in the water the breath in as your head leaves the water (I know what I mean even if you don't!) then it will be easier! Sounded good and practice breathing in the house went well!! I get in the pool - this is it. I can do this! Oh...